Advisory group to help advance women in industry, innovation and science
13 March 2018
The Industry, Innovation and Science Women’s Advisory Roundtable is meeting today in Sydney.
The Roundtable brings together industry and business leaders with experience and strong track records of promoting women in their respective fields.
This is an opportunity for the Government to work with prominent leaders to address the issues women face across industry, innovation and science with the ultimate aim of developing the next wave of female leaders in Australia.
The members include a range of experienced researchers and academics, startup founders and senior executives from industry.
The members of the Roundtable are:
- Professor Lyn Beazley – former Chief Scientist of Western Australia
- Dr Rowan Brookes – Director of Education, School of Biological Sciences, Monash University
- Ms Nicole Brown – Women in Focus, Commonwealth Bank
- Ms Topaz Conway – Chair, Springboard Enterprises Australia
- Ms My Lin Kha – Managing Director, AMGEN Australia
- Ms Jessica May – Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Enabled Employment
- Ms Michelle Price – Chief Executive Officer, Australian Cyber Security Growth Network
- Mr David Shein – Partner, Our Innovation Fund LP
- Mr Andrew Stevens – Chair, Advanced Manufacturing Growth Centre.
- Ms Monica Wulff – Co-founder and Chief Executive Officer, Startup Muster
- Mr Max York – Chief Executive Officer, GE Australia
Minister for Jobs and Innovation, Michaelia Cash said the Roundtable will compliment current initiatives under the National Innovation and Science Agenda (NISA) which have a focus on addressing gender equity in science and innovation.
“It is a priority for the Turnbull Government to encourage more girls and women to pursue study and careers in industry, innovation and science,” said Minister Cash.
“The forum will provide high level advice on how existing and future industry, innovation and science policies and programs could be amended or designed to optimise such participation and impact.
“We look forward to the experience, perspectives and ideas the members will bring to the group to improve women’s participation in a key growth sector.”
More information on the Industry, Innovation and Science Women’s Advisory Roundtable is available at https://www.industry.gov.au/womensadvisoryroundtable
Minister Cash's office 02 6277 7320